Scarborough Grand Special
Scarborough was allegedly founded by Vikings and was the home for over 500 years to the acclaimed ‘Scarborough Fair’, a six week event every summer which attracted merchants not only from England but from much of Europe. Now claiming the title of Britain’s oldest seaside resort, visitors have been coming to Scarborough for over 400 years, since the discovery of mineral waters attracted those who wished to benefit from their healing properties. Things may have changed but Scarborough is still a fantastic destination for a break, with the majestic Scarborough Castle overlooking the North and South Bays, which offer a delightful walk along the stunning Victorian promenade in either direction, north bringing you to Peasholme Park, with its beautiful Oriental theme and boats to hire. Heading south along the promenade will lead you to the Stardisk, which when illuminated in the evening with the star constellations is a magical sight.
● Coach travel with reserved seating throughout
● Three nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the Grand Hotel, Scarborough
● Evening entertainment
● Free time to enjoy Scarborough
● Inclusive excursion to historic York
● Excursion discovering Whitby and the beautiful North York Moors via Thornton le Dale, Pickering to Goathland.